Monday 31 October 2011

Christmas Bucket List

I hate the term bucket list but seen as I can't think of an alternate phrase it would seem that I am stuck with it!


So, down to business! A Christmas Bucket List (CBL for short!) is basically what would I like to do for Christmas before I die. 


This list has been inspired by a baking blog which, is here if you are interested in reading about a foodies baking bucket list: http://bakelady.wordpress.com/


I have only been thinking about this for about 10 mins or so and will probably have to add to this a fair bit in the future but I wanted to get started so here we go:


Sarah's CBL:


1. New York; including Times Square for New Year's Eve.


2. Scotland; perhaps in a log cabin with a roaring fire in the middle of nowhere, surrounding by crisp winter walks and fir trees.


3. With friends; I tend to spend Christmas with family but would love to have all of my friends around one big table on Christmas day before getting tipsy and playing charades and pictionary!


4. Russia; snow, snow and more snow plus skating on frozen rivers, sounds like a dream!


5. Carribean; sun, sea and blue sky, a potentially surreal experience.


6. Norway; I think they celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve which would be interesting. Also, I might catch a glimpse of the Aurora.


7. Edinburgh; this would have to be a two week jaunt really as would definitely want to include Hogmanny. 


8. Skiing/snowboarding; unsure where or with who but think the activity in itself would be AWESOME fun especially at Christmas.


9. Iceland; I'd love to try those thermal spas, can you imagine sitting in hot water surrounded by snow at Christmas. Glorious.


10. Saltaire; this is my Christmas destination this year and I am very excited! With the advent windows (more about that later), carols, winter bandstand and Zumba Bradford Christmas party to look forward to as well as the big event itself I am one lucky lady!


And that is all I've got so far...


What is your Christmas bucket list? Feel free to post up some extra ideas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment